Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sleepless in Sydney

It is hard to believe that we have been here a week!  And a busy week it has been.  First, we've found a place to live.  It is in an area called Neutral Bay and is less than 10 minutes from just about everything - Sophia's school, Andy's office, etc.  And we will have plenty of room for guests!  We hope to move in some time in mid- to late September.  Will post pictures when I can.
We had a great weekend - we went to the beach in Manly on Saturday and played at the park and wandered around the shops in Mosman on Sunday.  The only thing that would have made it better was more sleep!  Zachary still hasn't adjusted to the time - this morning he was up at 4 am for the day.  The longest he has slept since we got here is 8 hours, which has been a bit rough on both of us.  It took a group effort, but we did not let him nap today.  Hopefully, that will force him to sleep a bit longer tonight.  Fingers crossed.
I have my third driving lesson tomorrow and am steadily improving - in confidence and skill.  Of course, I still haven't driven anywhere on my own so I guess that will be the big test.  Sophia has her school orientation and tour on Wednesday and I'm hoping to visit some potential preschools for Zachary this week, too.   Here's a photo of us taking a ride on the train at the Royal Botanic Gardens, which is adjacent to the Opera House.  The grounds are gorgeous and the views to the harbor spectacular.  More soon.  In the meantime, send good sleep vibes.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I love reading about your adventures and miss you guys so much just thinking about how far away you are. Can't wait to come and visit! Please give Andy, the kids and Barbara a big hug from me and Willa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete