Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

I have definitely been remiss in blogging during our "summer holiday" but I'm going to blame that on the craziness of having the kids out of school.  A few highlights:
1.   Spending New Year's Eve at our neighbor's and watching the fireworks from our deck.  AMAZING!
2.  Taking the kids to see "Hairy Maclary" at the Sydney Opera House.  (If you aren't familiar with the series, go to the link and buy this beloved NZ children's book!)
3.  Celebrating Zachary's 4th birthday at Luna Park, a 1930s amusement park on the harbor.
4.  My stealth solo trip to Kansas City for my dad's 70th birthday and to meet my new niece Mara and nephew Jackson.
5.  Putting our annual passes to the Taronga Zoo to good use.  I LOVE that place. 
6.  Spending "Australia Day" and the last four days of school holidays watching the kids catch waves on the South Coast.  
I should probably note that the title of this post really isn't apt as it has been anything but "dog days" here.  I don't know how many people have told me that this is the "worst summer in Sydney" but I'm quite enjoying it.  It is still unseasonably wet and dreary but there are have been very few days when we haven't been able to squeeze in a swim or a trip to the beach. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment